i'm an angel, i'm a devil i am sometimes in between. i'm as bad as it can get and good as it can be. sometimes i'm a million colors, sometimes i'm black and white. i am all extremes. try and figure me out you never can, there's so many things i am. i am special, i am beautiful, i am wonderful and powerful, unstoppable. sometimes i'm miserable, sometimes i'm pitiful, but thats so typical of all the things i am.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

a little broken

help
i'm trying so hard
striving 
to be good at this
all i want is to feel the way everyone else seems to
or fakes
like i do
either way, i want it
the real version
i don't want to be insecure, anymore
i don't want to always second guess myself
i want to be confident
and comfortable
in myself
in me
who i am
not in who i could be
or who i wish i was
just me
but its so much easier said than done
there's always the voice in my head
the one telling me i'm not good enough
i'm not pretty enough, i'm not smart enough
i'm not worth the fight
i constantly find myself wishing the white voice within me spoke louder
the angelic voice that says i'm perfect
i'm worth it
i'm capable
i'm beautiful, smart and plenty good for anything
i'm me and thats a blessing
i know its all true
i always have
but its easy to forget when you're me, i guess
i wish doubt left me
i could abandon fear
i wish i was confident as i pretend to be
because deep down i'm scared and i'm easily shaken and shattered
i guess this is me asking for help
your help
with you, this is the closest i've come to really being happy
well, i've always been happy
but happy in that i'm comfortable in my own pale, imperfect skin
somehow you speak to my mind and fill me with compliments
in your eyes i'm good enough
i'm the girl i'm longing to see
the girl in the mirror i can never focus on
you're helping me find that its reality
i admire that in you
among everything else
i wish i was brave enough
putting my pride aside
to ask you to help me
to open up to you completely and tell you i need help
i need help
i'm struggling and i'm a little broken
i want your touch, your hug and your smile
your perfect, flawless words
your strength in me that takes me bright places
your heart
i know who i am and i love her
but sometimes i lose sight of why
i need help getting back on my feet and keeping my chin up
i need help
your help

No comments:

Post a Comment