i'm an angel, i'm a devil i am sometimes in between. i'm as bad as it can get and good as it can be. sometimes i'm a million colors, sometimes i'm black and white. i am all extremes. try and figure me out you never can, there's so many things i am. i am special, i am beautiful, i am wonderful and powerful, unstoppable. sometimes i'm miserable, sometimes i'm pitiful, but thats so typical of all the things i am.

Friday, April 27, 2012

i can do hard things

my brain is sore
because i've yet to locate the off-switch to my endless rope of thoughts
even the good ones overwhelm me to the point of exhaustion
oh, to be in someone else's mind for a day
what a vacation that would be
today the cool air on the mountains soothed me
they whispered secrets into my ears
reminding me its okay to be my borderline insane self
thats who i was created to be
flaw-filled, shy and dysfunctional
me
the past few days have been mentally taxing
but the mountains eased that weight
it was the one place i could release it all
alone with God's beautiful nature and my thoughts
i was consumed in myself
i dove into my chaotic, manic brain
and i did my best to sort things out
maybe it only helped temporarily
perhaps i'll regret certain thoughts tonight as i think
but in that moment, there
nothing was more perfect than the refreshment the fresh air brought
i was happy
i am happy
the wind reminded me how blessed i was
of course, my mind wandered back to the handsome face
and i felt that familiar smile creep up on me
so i smiled to myself, proudly
i'm proud of myself
thats a change for me - if you know me, you know how true that is
but i am
i'm gaining a confidence i lost years ago
a humble pride in my ability
i can do hard things
bumps in the road come
so i can enjoy the smooth path
trials make me stronger
God doesn't give sorrow i cannot handle
--i guess i'm capable of handling so much more than i believed i could
one thing is for certain
sitting there
on top of Utah's lovely mountains
i was reassured with a revelation i've been aching for
all is well
so what
things don't go how i decide to imagine they would in my mind
life goes on
even better - because thankfully i'm not in charge of that kind of fate
time is on my team and will do good things for me
love is on my side
happiness is in my palms and this time i'm grasping it
life is lovely 
bravery has found its home in me
this is just a fraction of my marvelous journey
and i'm the worlds most blessed individual
to be on the journey with the worlds very best

No comments:

Post a Comment