i'm an angel, i'm a devil i am sometimes in between. i'm as bad as it can get and good as it can be. sometimes i'm a million colors, sometimes i'm black and white. i am all extremes. try and figure me out you never can, there's so many things i am. i am special, i am beautiful, i am wonderful and powerful, unstoppable. sometimes i'm miserable, sometimes i'm pitiful, but thats so typical of all the things i am.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

my heart

i keep you tucked inside my heart where my love is the strongest 
and i'll spend forever believing thats where we belong

my limbs and my face will try to always remind you
while i hope you never lose sight of how big my heart has grown for you
i'm not going anywhere, i'll never leave your side
because anywhere else, no matter how tempting or temporarily beautiful
would leave me so much less happy
a half a year ago i discovered where i'm meant to stand
this place - here, with you is everything i've ever wanted
needed even, even if i didn't know it
i'm in love with everything thats unfolded in our joint-path
everything is perfect about you
fairy-tales do exist
because, look, we've found ourself in one
even if ours is untraditional
or completely predictable
its ours

nothing has ever been made so clear in my life, before
for once - no questions asked
this is just...right, and thats all there is to it
i'm happy, you make me so overwhelmingly happy
and you claim i keep you happy, too
i find it entirely, impossibly ridiculous to think it could end
so i'm calm
literally, darling, i've been calm for six months
i don't believe its ever lasted this long
theres always been something to fret over
but not anymore
well, in other issues, yes
but you're my most important train of thought
and in you - i have no worry, i have no doubts
i think of you and i'm flooded with light and a smile only you bring out in me
this is what real, true, genuine happiness feels like
you taught me

you taught me to love myself
you showed me how to accept myself
and value my existence on this pretty earth
i've said it before
you're my hero, darling, you've saved my life
you've brought me back to life
you were the angel sent here to complete me and comfort me
the person to give me back my crazy faith and hope and out-of-this-world dreams
i love you
every part of you is loved by me
i pray you never, ever forget it

you've grabbed onto my heart with both hands
and i've never been in such blessed, peaceful, meadow-like territory
i told you, i'm not going anywhere
my hearts too happy
i'd be insane to locate myself anywhere else
here is where i belong, my "home" of sorts
my sanctuary and my happiness
my heart is engulfed in goodness

and i like to think i do all of the above for you

so?

i keep you tucked inside my heart where my love is the strongest 
and i'll spend forever believing thats where we belong


No comments:

Post a Comment