i'm an angel, i'm a devil i am sometimes in between. i'm as bad as it can get and good as it can be. sometimes i'm a million colors, sometimes i'm black and white. i am all extremes. try and figure me out you never can, there's so many things i am. i am special, i am beautiful, i am wonderful and powerful, unstoppable. sometimes i'm miserable, sometimes i'm pitiful, but thats so typical of all the things i am.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tonight

Two people in one bed. Snuggled so tight - woven so close together that the queen sized bed appears twice its actual size. We are just two small souls on this mattress, aren't we? Angel-eyed children, taking this new ride one thrill at a time. Learning every step of the way that we are not perfect, but we can learn how to get closer to that earthly goal. I'll squeeze you a little tighter against me, tonight. Because tonight I need you that much more. You've already come into my frown and tears and changed them to grins and glossy. But what if I hurt while I sleep? The comfort of waking to your strong arm around my little waist will sing me a second lullaby and love me back to sleep. As you breathe on my back, making my neck sticky with your steam, I will only smile, tonight. Because I need you so much, tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment